Research for Impact: Disabled People - Big Lottery Fund
Building better evidence about approaches that enable disabled people to ...more
Help for people in north Scotland affected by welfare reform
A group of ten Highland organisations have come together to ...more
Victory for welfare campaigners as government loses appeal against benefits ruling
The Court of Appeal has upheld a ruling which found ...more
Carnegie Challenge funding announced for 2014 wellbeing debates
The Carnegie UK Trust is offering up to ten not-for-profit ...more
Improving free and impartial advice for ill and disabled people in the UK
New resource launches to help people who become ill or ...more
The WoW Petition reaches 100,000 signatures
War on Welfare (WoW): Sick and disabled people hold Iain ...more
Legal Services Agency: Employment and Support Allowance - Essential Update
This seminar will offer practitioners and advisers an essential update ...more
Voluntary Action Fund Roadshows
Various dates and locations The Voluntary Action Fund’s (VAF’s) Volunteering Team ...more
UK Disability History Month (UKDHM) 2013
Celebrating Our Struggle for Independent Living: No Return to the ...more
LCIL: Access to Work Workshop - young people with additional support needs
The Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) is holding this ...more
Quick links to member only resources (you must be logged in to view this content)
Search over 4,800 reliable and regularly updated disability related records
A menu of popular topics providing quick links to a range of useful information and resources.
Visit the member dashboard for full access to member only resources
Quick links to public resources
Visit our key information page for complete access to public resources
Search a selection of our SCOOP information directory. The public have access to over 900 reliable and regularly updated disability related records.
- Financial help towards fuel costs this winter - Includes extra support available for people who are older, disabled or on a low income.
- Disability Aids and Equipment - Access a wide range of information on specialist equipment for disabled and older people living in Scotland.
- Factsheets - provide useful guidance on a broad range of disability-related topics.
- Frequently Asked Questions – this section answers many of the common enquiries we receive.
- Links - to useful websites, resources and organisations
- Shared Care Scotland Short Break Search - search this online directory of short break and respite services covering all forms of service including, home-based and residential based respite, befriending, holiday breaks.
- Free e-newsletter - subscribe now to stay connected with the latest disability related news across Scotland. Latest e-newsletters: see UPDATE News & Events
This completely FREE and recently updated wall chart is the definitive source for guidance on accessible building and home adaptations, all on one convenient A2 poster.
The Access Guide provides detailed illustrations with best practice measurements and dimensions for adaptations that improve access for disabled people. Best practice guidance includes:
- access around designated off-street parking spaces
- road crossings
- kitchen and work surfaces heights
- door location and side clearances
- accessible WC layouts
- sensory fittings
Produced by UPDATE in partnership with the Scottish Accessible Information Forum, Glasgow Centre for Independent Living and the Blackwood Foundation.
We operate a fast, professional and cost-effective transcription service.
Concentrating on small and medium-sized documents that we can process very quickly, such as leaflets, newsletters, correspondence, minutes and the like, means our turnaround times are fast and competitive.
We can transcribe documents into Braille, audio CD, digital audio, paper (large print) and electronic formats.