Report warns disabled workers will lose out most from Universal Credit
Universal Credit - the government's new single benefit payment - ...more
GPs say benefits tests causing 'enormous suffering'
Some of Edinburgh's most vulnerable residents are being subjected to ...more
Scottish Government consultation - Adults with Incapacity (Supervision of Welfare Guardians etc. by Local Authorities)(Scotland) Regulations 2002
The Scottish Government proposes to amend the Adults with Incapacity ...more
New funding for advice organisations helping people with problems arising from benefits changes
Cash totalling £7.45 million is to be made available through ...more
Launch of Scotland's first easy read newspaper
Following a successful launch in England earlier this year, Easy ...more
Five disabled people lose legal challenge over government's decision to scrap the ILF
Five disabled people have lost their legal challenge over the government's ...more
Scams Awareness Month - May 2013
This month Citizen Advice Bureau and Trading Standards are working ...more
Scottish Mediation Centre training: Representing a Client in Mediation (various dates and locations)
Training will take place in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen This course ...more
Quick links to member only resources (you must be logged in to view this content)
Recently updated member only content:
- Housing Benefit and the 'bedroom tax'
- Benefits for the over 60s
- Social Fund and the Scottish Welfare Fund
- Benefit changes from April 2013
Recently added member only factsheets:
- DWP Medicals - Work Capability Assessments for Employment Support Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Personal Independent Payment (PIP)
- Universal Credit (UC)
Search over 4,800 reliable and regularly updated disability related records
A menu of popular topics providing quick links to a range of useful information and resources.
Visit the member dashboard for full access to member only resources
Quick links to public resources
Visit our key information page for complete access to public resources
Search a selection of our SCOOP information directory. The public have access to over 900 reliable and regularly updated disability related records.
- Factsheets - provide useful guidance on a broad range of disability-related topics.
- Frequently Asked Questions – this section answers many of the common enquiries we receive.
- Shared Care Scotland Short Break Search - search this online directory of short break and respite services covering all forms of service including, home-based and residential based respite, befriending, holiday breaks.
- Free e-newsletter - subscribe now to stay connected with the latest disability related news across Scotland. Latest e-newsletters: see UPDATE News & Events
This completely FREE and recently updated wall chart is the definitive source for guidance on accessible building and home adaptations, all on one convenient A2 poster.
The Access Guide provides detailed illustrations with best practice measurements and dimensions for adaptations that improve access for disabled people. Best practice guidance includes:
- access around designated off-street parking spaces
- road crossings
- kitchen and work surfaces heights
- door location and side clearances
- accessible WC layouts
- sensory fittings
Produced by UPDATE in partnership with the Scottish Accessible Information Forum, Glasgow Centre for Independent Living and the Blackwood Foundation.
We operate a fast, professional and cost-effective transcription service.
Concentrating on small and medium-sized documents that we can process very quickly, such as leaflets, newsletters, correspondence, minutes and the like, means our turnaround times are fast and competitive.
We can transcribe documents into Braille, audio CD, digital audio, paper (large print) and electronic formats.