Inclusion Scotland Survey on Welfare Reform and Benefits
Inclusion Scotland has launched a new survey to help gather ...more
Independent Living Fund set to close in June 2015
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has announced new ...more
Funding Boost for UPDATE Disability Information Scotland
The team UPDATE, a national charity for disabled people is ...more
Speak Up Against Hate Crime campaign launched
The Scottish Government has launched the Speak Up Against Hate ...more
Health and social care services to be integrated by 'landmark' legislation
On Tuesday 25 February, the Scottish Parliament passed the Public ...more
Department for Work and Pensions finally introduces alternative to premium telephone lines
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has started to ...more
My Choices: A Vision for Self Directed Support (SDS)
This FREE half day Conference will launch Glasgow Disability Alliance’s ...more
EHRC and Law Society of Scotland: Mental Health and Incapacity Conference 2014
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has partnered with ...more
CPAG Training - DLA for children
Disability living allowance (DLA) is the main way of meeting ...more
Tenants Information Service (TIS) Annual Conference 2014
27th-29th June 2014 | Crowne Plaza Hotel, Glasgow The 2014 TIS ...more
Quick links to member only resources (you must be logged in to view this content)
Search over 4,800 reliable and regularly updated disability related records
A menu of popular topics providing quick links to a range of useful information and resources.
Visit the member dashboard for full access to member only resources
Quick links to public resources
Visit our key information page for complete access to public resources
Search a selection of our SCOOP information directory. The public have access to over 900 reliable and regularly updated disability related records.
- NEW: Help with debt and money matters - Includes free debt and money advice services, support for disabled people, debt solutions, credit unions and other support services such as emergency food banks.
- Financial help towards fuel costs this winter - Includes extra support available for people who are older, disabled or on a low income.
- Disability Aids and Equipment - Access a wide range of information on specialist equipment for disabled and older people living in Scotland.
- Factsheets - provide useful guidance on a broad range of disability-related topics.
- Frequently Asked Questions – this section answers many of the common enquiries we receive.
- Links - to useful websites, resources and organisations
- Shared Care Scotland Short Break Search - search this online directory of short break and respite services covering all forms of service including, home-based and residential based respite, befriending, holiday breaks.
- Free e-newsletter - subscribe now to stay connected with the latest disability related news across Scotland. Latest e-newsletters: see UPDATE News & Events
This completely FREE and recently updated wall chart is the definitive source for guidance on accessible building and home adaptations, all on one convenient A2 poster.
The Access Guide provides detailed illustrations with best practice measurements and dimensions for adaptations that improve access for disabled people. Best practice guidance includes:
- access around designated off-street parking spaces
- road crossings
- kitchen and work surfaces heights
- door location and side clearances
- accessible WC layouts
- sensory fittings
Produced by UPDATE in partnership with the Scottish Accessible Information Forum, Glasgow Centre for Independent Living and the Blackwood Foundation.
We operate a fast, professional and cost-effective transcription service.
Concentrating on small and medium-sized documents that we can process very quickly, such as leaflets, newsletters, correspondence, minutes and the like, means our turnaround times are fast and competitive.
We can transcribe documents into Braille, audio CD, digital audio, paper (large print) and electronic formats.